Angela Bassett for The Hollywood Reporter, photographed by Steve Schofield
…and it’s true too.
I just always reblog this story too. Because it’s awesome. And because obviously Boggs is the kind of person that should be well known, and become a role model. (And Chris Garcia, Boggs’s friend who rode as well!)
Also, I wanted to note that there’s a scholarship fund for the two boys set up. You can donate here!: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/reward-the-heroes-scholarship-fund-temar-boggs-and-chris-garcia
Reblogging for scholarship information
The scholarship fund is currently at $15k, but we know that even now that’s a pittance compared to the actual cost of higher ed. And it doesn’t look like costs are going to be coming down, unfortunately.
Please donate if you can, and signal boost the heck outta this.
Always reblog because someday I hope the first thing I think when we see a photo of a young black man is something like this, not “criminal” or “murdered by police.”
Also Tumblr, if we can raise money for people’s medical bills and sick cats and so on, surely we can send these two young men to college?
1. Despite rumors that she and Trayvon were dating, Jeantel told the court that they had never had an official date and were “just friends.”
2. While talking on the phone to her, Trayvon told Jeantel that there was “a man following” him.
3. “He told me he looked like a creepy ass cracker.” Jeantel on how Trayvon described Zimmerman to her.
4. Trayvon then told Jeantel that he was going to try to “lose the man.” He said that he was going to walk home.
5. A short while later, he says to Jeantel “the nigga is still following me.”
6. Jeantel tells the court what happens after that. She told Trayvon to run and she started hearing wind. He told her he was going to get home “through the back.” The phone then shuts off.
7. She calls back and Trayvon answers. He tells Jeantel he is almost home. She can hear that he is out of breath. He tells her that he “lost” the man following him.
8. A couple of seconds after Trayvon said he lost the man, he says to Jeantel, “Oh shit, the nigga is behind me.”
9. She hears the first exchange between Zimmerman and Trayvon. Trayvon to the man following him: “Why are you following me for?” Jeantel she hears another “hard-breathing man” say “What you doing around here?”
10. She hears a bump, and grass sounds, like people are rolling around or the phone dropped on the ground. She asks Trayvon what’s going on and she hears Trayvon saying “get off, get off.” The phone shuts off again.
11. She tells court that she didn’t hear from Trayvon again. “I had thought he was by his daddy’s house so somebody would come help him. ” On Monday there was a rumor that he was killed. She didn’t find out it was absolutely true until a friend texted her an article.
12. She told the jury that she didn’t realize she was the last person to speak to Trayvon.
13. After being asked why she lied about attending Trayvon’s wake, she said that she “didn’t want to see the body.” She also added that she felt guilty that she was the “last person to speak to their son.” (Referring to Trayvon’s parents) —
Global Grind (via thisiswhiteprivilege)
Creepy Ass Cracker.
Trayvon Martin, we’re fighting for you. Rest in peace.
Fuck that fool. RIP Trayvon.
More and more children being arrested for trivial things…
#1 At one public school down in Texas, a 12-year-old girl named Sarah Bustamantes was recently arrested for spraying herself with perfume.
#2 A 13-year-old student at a school in Albuquerque, New Mexico was recently arrested by police for burping in class.
#3 Another student down in Albuquerque was forced to strip down to his underwear while five adults watched because he had $200 in his pocket. The student was never formally charged with doing anything wrong.
#4 A security guard at one school in California broke the arm of a 16-year-old girl because she left some crumbs on the floor after cleaning up some cake that she had spilled.
#5 One teenage couple down in Houston poured milk on each other during a squabble while they were breaking up. Instead of being sent to see the principal, they were arrested and sent to court.
#6 In early 2010, a 12-year-old girl at a school in Forest Hills, New York was arrested by police and marched out of her school in handcuffs just because she doodled on her desk. “I love my friends Abby and Faith” was what she reportedly scribbled on her desk.
#7 A 6-year-old girl down in Florida was handcuffed and sent to a mental facility after throwing temper tantrums at her elementary school.
#8 One student down in Texas was reportedly arrested by police for throwing paper airplanes in class.
#9 A 17-year-old honor student in North Carolina named Ashley Smithwick accidentally took her father’s lunch with her to school. It contained a small paring knife which he would use to slice up apples. So what happened to this standout student when the school discovered this? The school suspended her for the rest of the year and the police charged her with a misdemeanor.
#10 In Allentown, Pennsylvania a 14-year-old girl was tasered in the groin area by a school security officer even though she had put up her hands in the air to surrender.
#11 Down in Florida, an 11-year-old student was arrested, thrown in jail and charged with a third-degree felony for bringing a plastic butter knife to school.
#12 Back in 2009, an 8-year-old boy in Massachusetts was sent home from school and was forced to undergo a psychological evaluation because he drew a picture of Jesus on the cross.
#13 A police officer in San Mateo, California blasted a 7-year-old special education student in the face with pepper spray because he would not quit climbing on the furniture.
#14 In America today, even 5-year-old children are treated brutally by police. The following is from a recent article that described what happened to one very young student in Stockton, California a while back….
“Earlier this year, a Stockton student was handcuffed with zip ties on his hands and feet, forced to go to the hospital for a psychiatric evaluation and was charged with battery on a police officer. That student was 5 years old”.
#15 At one school in Connecticut, a 17-year-old boy was thrown to the floor and tasered five times because he was yelling at a cafeteria worker.
#16 A teenager in suburban Dallas was forced to take on a part-time job after being ticketed for using foul language in one high school classroom. The original ticket was for $340, but additional fees have raised the total bill to $637.
#17 A few months ago, police were called out when a little girl kissed a little boy during a physical education class at an elementary school down in Florida.
#18 A 6-year-old boy was recently charged with sexual battery for some “inappropriate touching” during a game of tag at one elementary school in the San Francisco area.
#19 In Massachusetts, police were recently sent out to collect an overdue library book from a 5-year-old girl.
HERE ARE THE LINKS FOR THOSE WHO FEEL THIS PAGE MADE ALL THIS UP:
Check out this video on YouTube:http://youtu.be/wk2b_twCCdw
this is absolutely disgusting, revolting, and despicable. There’s not much that I ask of my followers, but if you guys could reblog this, I think we would be doing the world some justice to get this out there.
SERIOUS SIGNAL BOOST (steubenville rape trial, westboro church, etc)
“Anonymous” hacker who outted the students of the Steubenville Rape Trials. He is now being punished for bringing the young girl justice. The FBI showed up to his house with assault rifles and made him and his family get on the ground and took possession of his computer and is now pressing charges. THEY’RE PRESSING CHARGES BECAUSE HE ‘HACKED’ an account to save a girls life. Also involved in Westboro church hacking.
Please help out as you can. You can find this all over google with interviews with Anderson Cooper and Roseanne Barr and others such as:
The facebook like support page has a lot more information and how you can help:
And web address:
Facing indictment from the Federal Government for relation to the hacking and hacktivism of http://www.rollredroll.com/ during the rape case in Steubenville, Ohio. Exposing the corrupt and paying the price.
IF NOTHING ELSE PLEASE REBLOG SO WE CAN SIGNAL BOOST THE FUCK OUT OF THIS